Children’s Africana Book Awards (CABA)
25th Anniversary Dinner
Friday, November 3, 2017
6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
St. Francis Hall, 1340 Quincy Street NE, Washington, DC 20017
The Children’s Africana Book Awards (CABA) are presented annually at the CABA Dinner to the authors and illustrators of the best children’s and young adult books on Africa published or republished in the U.S. The awards were created by Africa Access and the Outreach Council of the African Studies Association (ASA) to encourage the publication and use of accurate, balanced children’s materials about Africa. This year is the 25th anniversary of the Children’s Africana Book Awards.
The 25th anniversary dinner honors long-serving CABA committee members and CABA winners- past and present.
PAY BY CREDIT CARD:
PAY BY CHECK:
Honorary Dinner Committee
- Amelia Fitzjohn Broderick, House of VANyAH
- Ethelbert Miller, Poet, Educator and Literary Activist
- Dr. Mbye Cham, Director of the Center for African Studies, Howard University
- Dr. Josephine Dawuni Assistant Professor of Political Science, Howard University
- Dr. Johnnetta Cole, Former Director of the Smithsonian National Museum of African Art
- Jacqueline Kakembo, President of Alumni Assoc. of Operation Crossroads, DC, MD VA
- Honorable Mattie Sharpless, Former Ambassador of the United States to Central African Republic
- Dr. Fatima Barnes, Executive Director of Louis Stokes Health Sciences Library, Howard University
Brenda Randolph CABA Founder
MEET CURRENT AND FORMER CABA WINNERS